Behind-the-Wheel - rules and expectations
- Session start times vary from day-to-day but I will usually have 4 sessions a day Monday-Wednesday.
- You will be driving/observing for a total of 10 hours.
- 1st Session - 1 on 1 / 2 hours / We will be driving to Hawley- 2nd Session - Partner drive / 4 hours / We will be driving to Detroit Lakes
- 3rd Session - Partner drive / 4 hours / We will be driving to Fargo-Moorhead
- You MUST bring your permit or papers if you want to drive with Mr. Hemberger.
- Do not schedule consecutive days for your sessions. Two weeks between driving sessions is preferred. This allows you to practice and get better at driving skills that need work.
-Your partner should be someone close in age with you. That ensures that you will both have your permits when you are ready to start BTW.
- Receiving your White Card after completion of 10 hours of BTW is NOT guaranteed. Those that don’t receive their card will be asked to practice with parents and sign up for another 2 hour session.
- When you are observing when doing the partner drive no phones, books or headphones are allowed.
- For general information about Drivers Ed your can go to Mr. Hemberger’s school webpage and click on the Drivers Ed link in the left hand column.