1. In the right hand corner of your paper write your name, class, and favorite
2. Use Website page #3 to find the following information. Once you get to
that website, click on "Students Page" in the upper right corner. Now click
on "Your Government". Using the Federal and State links you will be able to
find the following information about our U.S. and State Supreme Court justices.
3. Find the following information about our NINE U.S. Supreme Court justices?
C. State appointed from
D. Appointed by which President
E. When appointed
F. Born when
G. Born where
K. Interesting fact
4. Find the following information about our SEVEN Minnesota Supreme Court
C. Born when
D. Born where
H. Interesting fact
5. Use Website page #39 to research a landmark Supreme Court case in our
nation's history. You can chose from any of the cases listed on the left-hand
margin of the page. Include the following information.
Pick a case that occurred AFTER 1960.
A. Name of the case?
B. What year the case took place?
C. What is the docket number of the case?
D. Short essay describing what the case was about.
E. How did the vote go? (Ex. 8-1 or 5-4)
F. Who argued for the plaintiff?
G. Who argued for the defendant?
H. Who gave the majority opinion?
Pick a case that occurred BEFORE 1960.
A. Name of the case.
B. What year did the case take place?
C. Short essay describing what the case was about.
D. How did the vote go?
E. Who gave the majority opinion?
6. Due Date - Wednesday, March 20th
Points - 30pts