History 2213 American History 20th Century
This is a college level course offered by Ulen-Hitterdal and Norman County East school districts through the Concurrent Enrollment Program at Minnesota State Community College and Technical College – M State
3 Credit Hours
Instructor: Mr. Bradley Dunham
Phone: 701-261-7267(cell number)
Office Hours: UH- 1:55 to 3:15 (7th hour)
Office Hours: NCE-10:21 to 11:07 (3rd hour)
George Brown Tindall and David Emory Shi America, A Narrative History – 9th edition
Course Description: This course meets MnTC Goal Area 5 and 7. This course covers the history of the United States during the 20th century. Topics covered include the Progressive Era, the First World War, the Roaring 20's, the Great Depression, the New Deal, World War II, the Cold War, the Korean Conflict, scientific advancements of the 1950's and 1960's, the Civil Rights Movement, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Vietnam War, and Watergate.
1. Investigate the Progressive Era.
2. Explore the causes and events of the First World War.
3. Analyze the events of the 1920's.
4. Examine the Roaring 20’s
5. Explain the era of the Great Depression.
6. Summarize the events of World War II.
7. Analyze United States history during the Cold War.
8. Analyze the advances made in science and technology during the post-war era
9. Explore the civil rights movement.
10. Investigate the Kennedy administration, including the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile
11. Summarize the events of the Vietnam War.12. Explain the Watergate scandal.