Ulen-Hitterdal Phy Ed Syllabus
This class will teach developmental skills in various team sports including flag football, soccer, ultimate frisbee, softball, volleyball, floor hockey, socketball, and others. Recreational dual and individual sports: badminton, bowling, Norwegian golf, fitness testing, and others.
- Must have a change of top and bottom clothes for Phy Ed class.
- Also must have a change of shoes, especially if we are in the gym. No sandals, flip flops, boots, etc…
- Shoes should have non marking soles
- Shirts with sleeves must be worn. No inappropriate slogans
- No headgear (hats, sunglasses, etc…) unless we are outside
- Dress for the weather, we will be going outside as much as possible and grass may be damp in the morning hours
- Students will have the option of being issued a locker and a lock. A $5 fee will be charged if the student’s lock is not turned in at end of school year. It is the responsibility of the student to use their lock and locker and the school is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Must be in locker room BEFORE the bell rings and in your squad within 3 minutes of the bell ringing. 3 tardies per quarter can result in extra duties such as locker room or storage room clean up.
- Report all injuries to instructor immediately
- All students will help put equipment away and keep the locker room and gym clean.
- Abuse, destruction or misuse of equipment will not be tolerated. Obscene language, gestures, harassment, or disrespect will not be allowed.
Active participation is expected unless a student is sick or injured. A student well enough to be in school is generally well enough to participate. A note from a parent or guardian will excuse the student from class for up to 3 days/quarter. If a student is to exceed those 3 days a doctors note is required.
If a student misses a day of Phy Ed, for an excused absence, they will have the opportunity to make up those days points. This can be done by picking up a make up activity slip, completing it, and returning it to me within 3 days of the absence.
- Students can earn up to 5 points a day for their Phy Ed grade. They may lose points for things such as not participating, swearing, fooling around, etc… If a student does not have a change of clothes/shoes they will not be able to participate in the activity and will lose their points for the day. They will have to walk laps around the gym instead.
- There may also be activity study guides and tests that will be given to the students for certain activities we will be doing.
- Skill tests may also be used to determine if the students are acquiring the necessary skills needed to participate successfully in an activity.
All students are expected to follow classroom rules, maintain self-control, actively participate and treat your classmates and instructor with respect.
Parent or Guardian Signature_________________________________________________